Parent Governor Vacancies
Come and join us as a Parent Governor!
What does the Governing Body do?
The Governing Body, together with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team, is responsible and accountable for all major decisions about the school and its future, acting as a ‘Critical Friend’ to the Headteacher and the management team.
We have a range of powers and duties in relation to: (this is not a complete list):
- Staffing – including the appointment of the Headteacher
- Agreeing Targets for GCSEs
- Special Educational Needs
- Discipline and Attendance
- Community Cohesion Promotion and Equality
- Health and Safety There are three Full Governing Body meetings held each year one in each of the school terms.Each governor is linked with a department and visits at least once a year on a specific focus, reporting back to the Full Governing Body
- Along with these meetings we have two meetings each term of a number of committees.
- To ensure we can carry out our responsibilities each year we calendar a range of meetings.
We have a budget for governor training and a Service Level Agreement with the Local Authority to provide it.
We actively encourage all newly appointed governors to attend Induction Training and more experienced governors to continue to access training throughout their term of office.
All new governors are ‘partnered’ up with a governor mentor as a personal contact for support and the times when you wonder why you became a governor.
I hope this is helpful and encourages you all to be interested and/or willing to join our governing body. It is always interesting, stimulating and can be very satisfying when we see our students achieve their potential in whatever path they have chosen.
(Chair of Governors)
If you are interested please contact Joy Drake Headteacher’s PA. (01207232881)