Why Tanfield School?
What Ofsted say:
- "Help for people who need it is excellent".
- "Governors and staff support wholeheartedly the headteacher's vision for a school where staff and students work together to reach the highest standards in all aspects of its work".
- "Students' progress was in the top 6% of all schools nationally".
- "The school exceeded its challenging targets".
- "Students behave well in lessons and move around school in a safe and calm way to create a harmonious environment".
- "Students enjoy school and have excellent attitudes to learning".
- "By the time they leave, students are extremely well-prepared for the future".
- "There is a significant proportion of outstanding teaching".
- "Learning moves at a rapid pace".
- "The school has excellent links with feeder primary schools".
- "The school values diversity and welcomes all students".
What our students say:
- "The relationship between Tanfield and the colleges in our area help us to take the next step more easily".
- "There are many sporting opportunities and everyone gets the chance to be part of a team".
- "Older pupils help younger ones".
- "Lessons are good, brilliant in fact".
- "Teachers treat you with respect and in a mature manner".